We all love to eat different things in our family. Pikelet, my five year old is more adventurous and three year old Lollo often needs coaxing to try something new. That’s why our lazy weekend buffet lunches are a favorite in the household. It is a presentation of all our favorite items and a few new ones in case someone wants to try something new.
The weather is perfect for outdoor eating so here’s a list of simple items that require little cooking. We use the ciabatta as the base for the meal and everyone has a chance to assemble and create their own masterpieces.
- Ciabatta – we’ve tried them from all different places but love the Ciabatta with Sea Salt from Whole Foods Market. It’s softer and easier for the little ones to eat.
- Avocado, sliced – Pikelet loves avocado. Lollo, sadly does not.
- Olives, pitted – Lollo can’t get enough of olives.
- Semi dried tomatoes – neither of my kids like the ‘squishy tomatoes’ but Beefcake & I love the infused flavors of garlic and herbs.
- Boiled eggs – just five minutes of boiling. Thumbs up from all of us!
- Sliced ham – we all prefer Black Forest Ham either from Applegate Farms or DaBecca
- L’Epicurien Shallots Confit – a little sweetness to top off the ciabatta.
- Chicken noodle soup – Lollo likes to have something to warm his tummy at every meal
- Honeycomb honey – drizzle away!
- L’Epicurien Black Fig jam – So flavorful and sweet. There’s no need for dessert!
Till our next Happy Meal!