“We don’t sell anything that we won’t give to our own kids” says owners of Zen Baking Company, Chonnie Richey and Czarina Hounsel. The sisters bake their own breads for sandwiches, Filipino brioche, pastries, cookies and cake balls. Smoothies are made with creamy Greek strained Fage yogurt (pronounced ‘fa-yeh’) and fresh fruits.
Zen Baking Company Deep Ellum
For the kids though, Tuesdays are Mommy (or Daddy) & Me days where children receive free cookies and milk. Bright pepper red highchairs are provided and a small area for kids to do their crafts are great for playdate lunches. And if you forget to buy cakeballs to go, you can find Zen Baking Company’s cakeballs at Central Market. IttyBittyFoodies, recommends the Bitty Bites Cake Balls - it comes in all the same flavors are your regular cake balls only … itty bitty.
Till our next Happy Meal!
ITTY BITTY INFO:
- Food: Cakeballs & pastries are the signature. Note they are new so the lunch menu may be tweaked in the coming months
- Ambience: Modern and casual
- Service: Counter service.
- Kid Friendliness: We’re super happy to see another addition to Deep Ellum
- Cost: $$
- Itty Bitty Foodies Tip: Mommy & Me playdates on Tuesdays – Free cookies and milk for kids
- Parent Foodies Tip: Caffeinated bubble tea!