There are many delicious secrets to discover within this little Highland Park chocolaterie. It’s not just any chocolate shop, it’s a boutique. The handcrafted chocolates made by Kate Graver (formerly of Nobu and Stephan Pyles) are positively inspiring. Resembling rich jewels, pretty flowers and colorful buttons, each one is transformed, molded and then carefully airbrushed to perfection. She even makes little chocolate stilettos and handbags my friend T. calls “Jimmy Chocs”. There’s a wine bar with jazz on weekends and a tiny little creperie.
The creperie is an absolute gem for a light weekend brunch. They are done Brittany style and are substantial enough to feed a 3 year old and a 5 year old. The first little bit of butter melting on the circular hot plate fills the air with the promise of a delicious brunch, then a dollop of homemade batter is quickly spread with a wooden spatular resembling a long ruler to it’s ideal thickness. Choose from a savory or sweet filling and the crepe is then folded into a neat little package. Pikelet & Lollo chose a Nutella with banana crepe while Beefcake and I had a savory jambon and fromage.
Despite the posh location, the place is extremely kid friendly: concrete flooring for the inevitable spills, a game table to keep the bunyips busy, jazz music for a little bit of dancing and of course… the chocolate. Oh and now to the last little secret that owner Pam Eudaric-Amiri imparted on me before we left. “Every child who goes into the store will get a chocolate.” And that is too good a secret to keep all to myself!
Till our next Happy Meal!
Itty Bitty Info:
- Food: Gourmet chocolates, wines & crepes
- Ambience: Casual store setting with upscale goodies
- Service: Friendly and warm
- Kid Friendliness:
- Cost: You get what you pay for. Pricey but you are getting some the best Dallas has to offer
- Itty Bitty Foodies Tip: It’s more than a chocolate store – there’s a creperie inside! Plus breakfast baked goods by Little Aprons Bakery
- Parent Foodies Tip: Lovely wine bar inside to enjoy a quiet date night on Fri/Sat
For more information on hours, location and all that good stuff : go to C hocolate Secrets